Now Hiring: Developer/Tech Lead
Studiothink is one of the largest and most established branding agencies in BC, and we are looking for an enthusiastic and talented developer to expand our web development team, who would also serve as technical lead through all phases of the development lifecycle, from scoping, planning, design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery and maintenance.
As our developer, you will work with our in-house design and strategy team to retrieve functional requirements as well as prepare technical documents that define scope and schedules for projects. You will be responsible for understanding the strategy and technical requirements for the websites you are implementing.
In addition, you will be maintaining current projects through refactoring code and fixing bugs, contributing to team scrums, troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
A day in the life at Studiothink will require you to juggle multiple projects, all while functioning under the pressure of deadlines. You will be working closely with an amazing team, and you must be willing to collaborate on projects, offering advice, input and ideas that drives the company and the development team forward. You have great attention to detail, exemplary work ethic and a positive attitude.
As our new Studiothinker you are passionate about the people, the direction and the vision of the company. You believe in and exemplify our 10 Core Values which you can read on our website. Benefits include extended medical and dental, three weeks vacation, a free tshirt (we know this is the deal clincher) and unlimited coffee, beer and wine.
JOB WINNING TRAITS
• Believes in and exemplifies our 10 Core Values.
• Minimum 3 years development experience.
• Knowledge of best web practices, and trends.
• Exceptional at responsive coding, and knowledge of mobile limitations.
• Bootstrap or any other responsive grid framework.
• Experience with at least one Database systems (MySQL, pgSQL, msSQL, noSQL, or SQLite3).
• Experience with CSS precompilers (LESS or SASS).
• Knowledge of CMS systems (Wordpress, Drupal, Concrete5, CMSMS, Umbraco, etc.).
• Understanding of SEO best practices.
• Adept at ASP.NET MVC and Razor.
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is required.
• Knowldege of RESTful API’s.
• A desire to work with, and belong to, a team of equally talented and motivated people.
• Able to handle deadlines and stress, even when your system crashes.
• A genuine interest in continuously expanding your knowledge and learning new skills.
• Great work ethic and a desire to find a “home” with an agency long term.
• You are probably the type who will get a lot of use out of ‘Unwined’, our wine and coffee bar.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a full-time, permanent in-house position, and requires you to have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. If you want to be our next Studiothinker, please dazzle us with the following in PDF format:
• Personalized cover letter outlining your salary expectations
• Links to front and back end development projects for code review
• Email the above to: email@example.com
Be the first person to hear about new job openings at Studiothink, by signing up below.
By giving us your name and email, you'll be one of the first to hear about future job postings with Studiothink, as well as marketing jobs with our clients and contacts. Don't worry, we never spam, and you can unsubscribe at any time.