Is your marketing plan ready to go? If not, take 5-minutes to answer these 12 questions. Traditional plans take over 50 hours, so if you're short on time grab a cup of coffee and hammer out your 5-Minute B2B Marketing Plan by asking yourself the following questions.
Set Your Goal
- What's one business goal I have for next year? i.e. launch new product, grow a specific division
- What's one group of customers or a new market I want to target this year? i.e. dentists in BC
Make Your Plan
With the above in mind write down your answers to the following ten questions:
- What association does this market belong to? Should you belong too?
- What tradeshow or events do they attend? Should you attend, sponsor or exhibit?
- Is a list available from the association? Should you create a mailer or email to send to this list?
- What online or print media do they read? Should you advertise or write articles to publish?
- What social media do they use? Should you set up social media pages to converse with them?
- What do they search for in Search Engines like Google? Should uou optimize (SEO) your website to show up at the top of those search terms?
- What information do you know that this market would love to learn? Should you write articles and post them on your blog?
- Do your core branding and materials (brochures, website, etc.) work for the above audience or do you need to update or create new materials?
- How much is achieving this goal worth to you? How much are you willing to spend to achieve it? (this is your budget)
- What are some ways you can track the results of the above activities?
You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
- zig ziglar
Answering those questions will result in a basic plan that will give your marketing more focus, allow you to better utilize your budget and ensures you get results. Focusing on specific markets is the key to getting the most awareness and results for the least amount of budget.
"You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." - Zig Ziglar